Sources of Finance for Slovenian Cinema
The panellists will discuss the present sources of finance for film production, and public and other forms of co-financing available at the international (especially European) level and in Slovenia, focusing on the following:
- The present state of public financing in Slovenia, disruptions at the Slovenian Film Centre, and the uncertain outlook for the future of the Slovenian national broadcaster RTVS;
- The economic importance of film and TV production, and its multiplier effects in the Slovenian economy;
- Possible alternative sources of finance and implementation of new models (tax incentives, private investment, commercial providers);
- Access to international co-production opportunities in the new reality;
- EU film funding programmes and their importance for Slovenian cinema.
Organised by the Slovenian Film Centre/Festival of Slovenian Film in collaboration with the Association of Audiovisual Producers of Slovenia and the Association of Slovenian Film Producers.
07/10/2020 – 16:30
KAVARNA Hall – hotel SLON